2017 CannaBit Highlights
The top 5 most clicked-on CannaBit topics of 2017 included projections for individual state markets, and how White House politics could affect the cannabis industry.
- By 2020, Massachusetts’ total cannabis sales are expected to reach $1 billion, with adult-use sales representing 72% of its market.
- By 2020, Washington’s cannabis market sales are forecast to reach $2 billionas the state becomes the second-largest U.S. market
- Along with growing U.S. majority support for legalization, nine states which voted for Trump have medical cannabis programs, and states’ rights issues tend to skew Republican.
- A comparison of tax revenues from alcohol and cigarettes demonstrated how a proposed federal excise tax could squeeze cannabis sales between 2018 and 2025.
- Following steady strong growth after the 2016 presidential election, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s prediction for more enforcement sent stocks dropping.